History

History of Lammi Corporation

  • 1956 Töykkälän Tiilikate started operations in an old cowshed of Hakkala Manor.
  • 1958 Aarne Töykkälä expanded production into concrete rings and pipes.
  • 1964 A fire in the cowshed destroyed all the machinery and 40,000 roof tiles. Production continued in the new premises built in 1960.
  • 1966 Introduction of the first concrete block making machine, ‘Sampo’, designed by Aarne Töykkälä.
  • 1970-1971 The factory moved to Palkkisilta in Lammi where it is still located. The company built a concrete mixing plant and started to make precast concrete blocks.
  • 1983 1983 Production of insulated concrete blocks started at new 1 000 m2 premises with a new block making machine.
  • 1988 Production facilities were expanded by 1,000 m2 and a third block making machine was acquired.
  • 1991 The company introduced a new, polished thermal block on the market. Other products during the recession included garden wall blocks, paving blocks and concrete slabs.
  • 1996 The company celebrated forty years of business as marketing and sales efforts gradually started to pay off.
  • 1997 A Lammi House for the first time at the Housing Fair in Raisio.
  • 1998 Sales of Lammi Houses increased radically. The factory started to work in two shifts.
  • 2000 A Lammi House at the Housing Fair in Tuusula. Lammi’s garden wall block became a market leader.
  • 2004 Lammi-Kivitalot Oy which focuses on the marketing of turnkey homes, was founded. Lammin Betoni Oy receives the provincial entrepreneurship award.
  • 2005 The production facilities expanded to 6,200 m2, new production lines introduced.
  • 2006 The company’s 50th anniversary. A new subsidiary, Lammi-Perustus Oy, was established

siltarumpukasalla